REHAC learning “Re-inventing Europeans through History, Art and Cultural Learning”
Duration December 2016 to August 2019 Funded by
REHAC is an Erasmus + project aiming at creating an innovative learning methodology for the integration of refugees in Europe, through history and culture. Refugees entering European countries after facing the trauma of war or persecution are very vulnerable and need a great deal establish a new life in their host country. At the same time, the training and care personnel in many EU countries need to learn very quickly how best to support the refugees whose knowledge of their new country is limited, and their language skills, understanding of everyday culture and prospects in the local labour market almost non-existing.
- To ease the transition experienced in settling in a different country and culture, and start the process of building confidence and personal growth after traumatic life-changing events.
- To encourage activities that combine cultural experiences and education, leading to individual paths of learning and integration into the host community.
- To enhance language skills and other non-verbal methods of communication
- To become familiar with a methodology that combines art and cultural expression with language learning, work orientation and basic skills development.
- To benefit from intercultural and peer to peer learning in order to develop their own teaching and care skills
- To be empowered to lobby policy makers to provide guidance and educational support through innovative methods exploiting culture and hands-on experiences.