Illegal detention of Somali nationals in allodapon
After being informed by the Somalis network, The Greek Forum of Refugees would like to draw everyone’s attention to the following issue:
Since 20 days, around 20 Somalis nationals have been detained in Allodapon. These persons have been arrested in Athens just after arriving from Rhodes.
We would like to raise your attention and emphasize on the following issues.
1. These persons did not have the proper time to access the asylum services and, still inside the detention, do not have the opportunity to apply for Asylum.
2. These persons are in possession of their identity papers, and we would like to highlight that the situation in Somalia is of great concern and the nationals arriving should have access to protection.
2. These persons do not have access to health care inside the detention and we have been inform of the presence of a person suffering from mental disorder that is not receiving any needed care.
We would like to raise also you attention on the fact that they do not have access to doctors while some of them are ….
The Greek Forum of Refugees seek to the authorities to :
After the protest of Syrian refugees in front of the Greek Parliament, at Syntagma square, since the 19/11/2014 and the hunger strike that have begun on 24/11/2014, the Greek Forum of Refugees met the Syrian refugees.
We emphasize the followings:
- Being concerned about their decent living conditions, we will assist, according to our capabilities, to their immediate basics needs. We believe that the cooperation between all relevant organizations is essential and necessary.
- We remain in contact with them in order to better evaluate the progress of their requests.
- We are present to the dialogue with public institutions, European Institutions, Human Rights advocacy organizations and refugee communities for an effective and prompt solution.
- We ask the Greek authorities to protect Syrian refugees in a legal and humanitarian level.
Implement the law providing that a third-country national or stateless person who applies for international protection shall not be held in detention for the sole reason that he/she entered and remains illegally in the country.