Distinction among Refugee – Asylum seeker – Immigrant
Refugee – Asylum seeker – Immigrant
• a person who has left their country because their life is at risk due to war, race, religion or nationality, or their political opinions or sexual preferences, or because they belong to a particular social group, and
• it is impossible to secure protection from their own country.
The asylum seeker is
• the person who has applied for asylum in another country, but
• has not YET been recognized as a refugee.
• the person who leaves their country and goes to another country or country to find a job and a better life
• the one who leaves their country because they want to and not because they have been forced to
• the person who feels they are forced to leave because of poverty, a natural disaster or other serious problems.
In pdf form Refugee_Asylum Seeker_Immigrant