REFUGEES’ IDEAS AND SOLUTIONS FOR EUROPE OUR STATUTE- MEMBERS- OUR ACTIONS
The RISE network is a refugee network in created in 2016, led by refugees in different European countries. RISE has approximately 20 network members from 14 different European countries. Each country is represented by a national contact point. The network members have different educational and professional background. Rise represents the authentic voices of refugees, where refugees campaign for themselves.
The RISE network aims at reducing discrimination and prejudices towards refugees by deconstructing old narratives on refugees and creating new perceptions in societies.
The ultimate goal of RISE is that refugees will have a decent life in Europe as full member of the society, self-determined and recognized as human beings with skills, experiences, ideas and thoughts.
The RISE network campaigns on empowering and encouraging refugee communities across Europe (socially, politically, economically, etc.).
2. Raising awareness
The RISE network aims at raising awareness among different stakeholders (authorities, institutions, etc.) regarding refugee issues in the public debate. The network aims further at advocating for refugees’ issues at EU and national level.
The RISE network promotes the integration of refugees into the societies and establishes contacts and cooperation with authorities and other stakeholders (asylum organization, NGOs, local population etc.) at EU, national and local level.
- Disseminate information regarding legal and social issues among refugee communities.
- Establish and consolidate cooperation with organizations, which provide information regarding refugee issues (legal, social).
- Organize information events and lectures for refugee communities.
- Support refugee communities in self-organization (show successful examples from different countries).
- Enhance their ability to participate in the public discussion.
- Write statements, petitions, reports on refugee issues and disseminate them at EU- (parliament, ECRE etc.) and national level (authorities, MEPs etc.).
- Collect stories, testimonies of refugees and disseminate them via social media, events, etc.
- Organize European and national campaigns aiming at raising awareness about the severe situation of refugees in Europe.
- Organize European and national campaigns to promote new refugee narratives (human beings with knowledge, experience, ideas etc.).
- Establish dialogues with EU and national stakeholders.
- Organize visits at schools, universities and other institutions.
- Establish and consolidate cooperation with stakeholders (authorities, organization, NGOs).
- Facilitate and promote contacts and exchange possibilities between refugees and stakeholders, national/local authorities and local population.
- Promote the active participation of refugees in social, political and cultural events.
- Mediate between new arrived refugees and representatives of the host societies (bridge makers)
Building RISE Network is an opportunity to make a difference. RISE is about ‘Refugees’ Ideas and Solutions for Europe’. We, as refugees, want refugees to talk about their issues, but also come up with ideas. No one can understand better the problems of refugees better than themselves. No one can understand better how the current European policy is affecting their daily life. Being part of RISE network makes us stronger and more effective to act in coordination around Europe and to make a difference.